When I think about my biggest culinary inspirations, Massimo Bottura is at the top of the list. He’s a chef that transcends traditions, folding art and poetry into each one of his *just gorgeous* dishes. This recipe for Tortellini Alla Panna (aka Tortellini in Cream Sauce) hails from his iconic Michellin star award-winning restaurant Gucci Osteria. Let’s just say this decadent pasta gives new meaning to the phrase, It’s All Gucci.
Make This Michelin Star-Worthy Pasta Dish at Home!
- 1 pint (2 cups) heavy cream
- 4 ½ cups chicken broth, divided
- 1 ½ cups finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, plus more for dusting
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1 pound tortellini
- Add the cream and ½ cup of chicken broth to a medium saucepan and set over a whisper of a flame. Bring the remaining broth to a boil in a large pot.
- Once the cream starts to reach a delicate simmer, whisk in handfuls of Parmigiano-Reggiano a little at a time, whisking constantly until all of the cheese has been added and the cream sauce is smooth and silky, just like you are. Season with a pinch of salt.
- When the chicken stock reaches a boil, add the tortellini and cook for just one minute, then transfer to the cream sauce and mix it until it becomes something *just gorgeous*.
- Serve topped with a delicate dusting of Parmigiano-Reggiano while wearing your finest Gucci (or your favorite sweats, you make the rules in your restaurant!).